jueves, 17 de noviembre de 2016

Victor Jara

It's really difficult to choose a great Chilean, I think I had never thought to mention an important Chilean person.

But I think a great character in the story is Victor Jara who has influenced different aspects of life, such as music, politics, poetry, and theater pedagogy.

The figure of Victor Jara is an international leader of the protest song and songwriter, and one of the most emblematic artists of the musical-social movement called ''New Chilean Song". The communist ideology is reflected in his art.

When Salvador Allende was president of Chile, Victor Jara was appointed cultural embassador, at the same time he released one of his greatest hits disc ‘’The right to live in peace’’ , which earned him the Golden Laurel Award for Best composition of the year.   

Victor Jara had a great social commitment, in the years that was president Allende, Jara was part of volunteer work to prevent the paralysis of the country caused by a truckers' strike.This commitment continued during the coup state led by Augusto Pinochet, a commitment that was until his death. On September 11, 1973 was arrested, along with other teachers and students, he was taken to the stadium, he was tortured for many hours and days, finally he was killed.


Victor Jara for me is a great example of someone with a lot of talent, commitment and idealism. I think his music transcended the times, the people and the presidents, it's really magnificent.-

7 comentarios:

  1. I think Víctor Jara is really distinguished and important in the story of our country. And I agree with you, he's a great example of someone with a lot of talent.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I admire Victor Jara. I love his music and his struggle. He was brave and we shouldn't forgive that.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You're totally right, his cultural and social legacy it's priceless

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I also like Victor Jara music!!, My favorite song it's " luchin", I think his music transmit so much specially about realityof Chile in those days so hard

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I agree with you about he was a very good songwriter, because his music have a lot of content besides of only musical content

    ResponderEliminar